Jewelry and Accessories from Wendy Lin

Welcome. Check this site for an up-to-date listing of our appearances at art shows and crafts fairs. We hold private parties in New Jersey and Chicago. And we've expanded our line to include scarves and accessories. Retail outlets include Tina Tang in Greenwich Village (www.tinatang.com). Please be sure to click on to the "Archive" column on the far right to view additional information. You can reach me at wendylin1@yahoo.com. Cheers, Wendy

Thursday, December 08, 2005

How to tell your bracelet apart from knock-offs or your sister's (hint: it's in the button)

If you've been reading previous posts, you'll know where I'm heading.

When I make my jewelry, I usually produce it in batches of 8 to 10 pieces. That's about the maximum amount because of the availability of materials, the size of our production team (me and three helpers) and how quickly I tire of a single design. Many customers buy two or even three at a time because they know that the next batch will be different, perhaps not entirely, but it will never look exactly the same. I guess you could say that I don't produce one-of-a-kind pieces, so much as 8-of-a-kind pieces. So, if you have bought two or three bracelets, how do you tell the difference between yours and the one you gave your sister, or the one your buddy bought at the same time? The answer is in the details. In this case, the buttons.

Even within a limited batch, each of the buttons is different. The buttons are found willy-nilly and I rarely get two, nevermind 8, of the same kind. So while your bracelet may look identical to your friend's, it is not.To avoid any confusion, take a moment to get to know your button. Is it a mirrorback, with those little shiny reflections behind a lacy tin cover? Is it a "figural" button, with the picture of a person in a particular setting, like a boy on a farm carrying water? Perhaps it's a floral button, with lily etched in pinpoint dots. It only takes a moment and it's hard to forget once you do.

This way, after you have finished washing the holiday dishes, you'll be able to identify the bracelet that belongs to you. And you won't get into a fight with your sister. At least not over this. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have received a steady stream of compliments for the silvery version of this bracelet. I was at my daughter's school dance show the other evening wearing one on each wrist -- a pair of cuffs. Waiting in the lobby for the show to begin became an almost comical experience as mother after mother after mother kept coming up to me to tell me how much they loved the bracelets and wanting to know where I had gotten them. I'm thrilled with my new bracelets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home